Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Seasons

Hello all! Question of this blog: What is your favorite season and why? Essay time everyone. I need 200 words typed and turned in by Wednesday! :) Just kidding. But I would like to hear from you on which is your favorite.

I haven't been on here for a bit. I hope you're all doing well. I'm fine and keeping busy with the show, like always. :) It's been great and we are getting more and more repeat patrons. I'm very thankful and appreciative to all of you that come to the show. I have three more this week on August 22, 24 and 26 at 2pm, at the New Americana Theatre. The last week in August is a short vacation for me. Then, starting September 7th, I will be back to shows full time until the middle of December. Always at 2pm! Check the website for a schedule, please. :)

I took a vacation in the middle of July and really had a lot of fun. I went home with no particular schedule in mind, and just had a great time visiting with everyone. It was great to get away and focus on other things for a bit. You miss being at your own home and taking care of your own things, (at least I do. I actually like doing laundry. Hmmm.), but it's also nice to step back and take a look at what I may have been focusing too much time on, and what needs more of my attention. It's nice to get family opinions, too. My mom and dad were just here visiting and we had a wonderful time! We ate at some lovely places and had fun seeing some shows together. The show is even more fun for me to do when they're there. The time always goes by too fast. My mom reminds me to live in the moment and just enjoy the present. It's important advice. :) Life is truly a beautiful thing, and it really is a gift to us all. We have so much to take in every day and a lot to be thankful for! Life is what you make of it and how you respond to each day.

I've been thinking a lot about the seasons lately, and how I'm so glad that we have four distinct seasons where we live. I always feel a little bit different during each of them. Fall always feels crisp and refreshing. It's not too cold and is nice to be outside just talking or sitting. There's a certain feeling in the air that reminds me a lot of the games we'd go to in high school and college. Fun times with family and friends. Winter makes me feel a little sleepy earlier than normal and I feel more like watching TV and having snacks. (I always feel like this, just more in the winter). ;) Staying in and keeping warm always sounds good during that time! Spring makes me feel very alive and awake. In fact, sometimes I can hardly fall asleep because I'm just not tired. Everything is just starting to wake up and start fresh. Summer is a lovely time for me because I get to spend time outside doing something constructive. I love being in the sun. It makes me feel content and happy. The vitamin d-3 that we produce with the Sun's help is vital to our well-being. I believe this is the reason I feel so great during Summer. I don't mind the heat, and working outside, (with plenty of water and shade or air-conditioned breaks), is so enjoyable to me. :)

This year I was able to grow a wonderful garden thanks to my husband having some great dirt delivered to our house! You wouldn't think dirt could be such a nice gift to receive, but when you live in the Ozarks...it is!! It was a lot of long hours and hard work getting it all ready to go, but so rewarding. I love to accomplish things and see what is possible with just two hands! (Well, four when my husband was out there). ;) We have grown quite a lovely garden this year. We are awaiting the ripening of many of our vegetables and fruits! It's great to see them growing so fast and changing so much every day. I just can't get over how one little seed can result in so much food! It's amazing and a true blessing

Have a lovely week and be cautious as the children are heading back to school. Watch for them, because sometimes they don't watch. Be safe and God bless you. Thanks so much for visiting.

Sincerely,
Cassandre' :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've always loved Spring. It's likely due to the fact I've always been a big baseball and NASCAR fan and they both start their seasons in the Spring. (Well, NASCAR starts a little earlier but in my mind that's the start of Spring.)

I also love the smell of Spring. Walking in the woods as everything begins to bloom and come to life.